Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FALL!

Be still, my heart!  Tomorrow is the "official" first day of Fall (at least according to weather.com), and I think we actually started getting the Fall weather a few days ahead of schedule.  Yahoo! 

Much as I love hot hot weather, the leading edge of Fall makes me want to...well, first of all, not work.  Also on the "things I want to be doing in this glorious weather" list: drinking coffee outside, vacationing in North Carolina (doesn't that just scream Fall?), wearing sweaters, going for a run, hanging out around the firepit at night, and tailgating.

Of course, all of those things presume real Fall weather.  Those of you in my neck of the woods realize that the "Fall weather" I'm presently feeling (and am way too excited about) involves a low of 85 and a high of 92.  Mysteriously, on home game Saturdays, Summer inevitably returns and it's 115 degrees in the Swamp (hello, USF game!), so I'm not likely to get a chance to do the Fall weather tailgate for another couple of months.  For that matter, none of the other stuff on that list will be really appealing to do until sometime in November, if this faux-Fall keeps going.

A girl can dream, though (fueled by the super-cold air conditioning in my office!)....and the Fall weather daydreams are still much more fun than the day job!

No comments:

Post a Comment